Non-NT Health staff and students
Non-NT Health staff and/or students may only access identifiable NT Health identifiable data and/or NT Health facilities/sites to perform specified research activities as delegated by the site PI. Authorisation for these members of the research team is gained through the site specific assessment (SSA) approval process and requires adherence to all relevant NT Health policies and guidelines.
For example, and to avoid doubt, these requirements extend to:
- any monitors, Clinical Research Associates (CRA) or other non-NT Health personnel working on the study in any capacity who have access to identifiable NT Health patient information
- any monitors, CRAs or other non-NT Health personnel working on the study in any capacity who are at any time on-site at an NT Health facility for research related purposes. An exemption can be sought for those non-NT Health staff and students who are on-site but not in a position to access any identifiable data and/or child related work.
- any researcher or research group who wishes to access NT Health data for the purposes of creating a registry and who can at any time access identifiable NT Health patient data. In this instance, every person who is non-NT Health staff or student must satisfy the above requirements if they can at any time access identifiable NT Health patient data.
- For students undertaking any research activities as part of their student placement/training, please sign the Student Deed of Undertaking.
Accessing NT Health identifiable data
All non-NT Health staff or students accessing NT Health identifiable data must provide the Site PI with a:
- an initial national Police check is required (valid within six months)
- Working with children’s clearance (WWCC) if the research involves accessing data of children under 18 years of age
- Signed Deed of Confidentiality and Compliance Form.
Use and disclosure of health information for research and statistical purposes must be consistent with Information Privacy Principle 2.1(ca) and any applicable guidelines issued by the NT Information Commissioner under IPP2.1(ca)(iv) & section 86(1)(a)(iv) - Use and disclosure of health information for research and statistical purposes. Patient/client level information will only be disclosed for research purposes if all such requirements have been complied with.
Please get in touch with the NT Health RGO for NT Health clinical systems access request form for external researchers once the research project is granted organisational authorisation.
Accessing NT Health facilities/sites
All non-NT Health staff or students accessing NT Health facilities/sites must comply with NT Health policy and procedures. All non-NT Health staff or students must provide the Site PI with a:
- appropriate qualifications and professional registration where relevant
- WWCC for research activities involving children under 18 years of age
- satisfy immunisation requirements as per NT Health policy.
For further information, refer to the working with children clearance on the Northern Territory Government website, and the Care and Protection of Children Act 2007 (NT). For NT Health employees, the NT Health policy is available on the NT Health intranet.
Please get in touch with the NT Health RGO for NT Health facilities access request form for external researchers once the research project is granted organisational authorisation.
Last updated: 15 June 2022
Share this page:URL copied!