Northern Territory Suicide Prevention Strategy
Northern Territory Suicide Prevention Strategic Framework 2018-2023
The Northern Territory Suicide Prevention Strategic Framework 2018-2023 represents our strategy to reduce the Territory’s suicide rate by half over the next 10 years.
It outlines the three priority areas for focus:
- Building stronger communities that have increased capacity to respond to and prevent suicidal behaviour through raising awareness and reducing stigma
- Informed, inclusive services that provide timely, integrated, compassionate and culturally safe responses that meet the diverse needs of people across the Territory
- Focused and evidence-informed support for the most vulnerable groups of people.
Consultation to develop the framework
The framework was developed as the result of extensive public consultation across the Northern Territory and aims to ensure care is delivered in a culturally safe, respectful and compassionate manner.
To support the strategic framework, an implementation plan has been established and will be overseen by the Northern Territory Suicide Prevention Coordination Committee.
The plan outlines the government’s vision in achieving its goal to reduce the suicide rate over the next 10 years and improve the health and wellbeing of Territorians.
Annual Progress Reports
The Suicide Prevention Annual Progress Report Cards provide a snapshot of the key achievements and developments for the operation of the NT Suicide Prevention Implementation Plan.
- Suicide Prevention Progress Report One
- Suicide Prevention Progress Report Two
- Suicide Prevention Progress Report Three
- Suicide Prevention Progress Report Four
For information about grants, go to the NT Suicide Prevention Grants program page.
Last updated: 09 September 2022
Share this page:URL copied!