Contract tracing is the process of notifying an infected persons contact so that they can also get tested.
The Australian STI Management Guidelines provides helpful information to General Practices on how to:
- introduce the reasons for contact tracing with the patient
- provide options on how the patient can notify contacts
- use free anonymous SMS services to inform the patients contacts.
For more information, go to the Australian STI Management Guidelines website.
The Australasian Contact Tracing Guidelines provides information on:
- when contact tracing is recommended
- how far back to trace
- case studies.
For more information, go to the Australasian Contact Tracing Guidelines website.
Young deadly free is a campaign to increase testing and treatment rates for STI and BBV in Aboriginal people living in remote communities.
Resources include videos on:
- STI contact tracing in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health, a video for clinicians (YouTube)
- Talking about contact tracing with your clients in clinics (YouTube)
For more resources, go to the Young Deadly Free website.
Last updated: 14 November 2022
Share this page:URL copied!