Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health
About the Aboriginal Health Policy unit
The Aboriginal Health Policy unit provides evidence-based policy advice and leadership to improve health and wellbeing outcomes for Aboriginal Territorians and is central to NT Health's efforts to provide integrated and consumer centred care that is accessible, effective and culturally safe and responsive.
The unit supports a range of functions including:
- strategic projects
- policy development and implementation
- reporting and performance measurement against national priorities
- facilitating pathways for communities to have control of primary health care services based on aspirations and needs.
The unit has three main strategic priorities and policy frameworks, including the:
- NT Health Aboriginal Health Plan
- NT Cultural Security Framework
- Pathways to Community Control.
The unit has a range of key information and resources to support and guide you on matters of strategic importance relating to Aboriginal health, social wellbeing and cultural security. Contact the Aboriginal Health Policy unit by email at AboriginalPolicy.DoH@nt.gov.au or phone 08 8999 2873 for copies of these resources.
Last updated: 13 August 2021
Share this page:URL copied!