Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health
NT Health Aboriginal Health Plan
The Aboriginal Health Policy unit supports the development and implementation of health policy to support the provision of culturally secure health services to improve Aboriginal health outcomes in the Northern Territory (NT).
The NT Health Aboriginal Health Plan 2021-2031 builds on the previous NT Aboriginal Health Plan 2015-2018 with a new vision of 'Working together for a healthier future for all Aboriginal Territorians'. The plan is a long term evidence based policy framework, which sets the strategic directions that will guide our actions to improve the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal Territorians over the next 10 years.
It will influence and inform strategic and business planning, policy development, communication, relationships and partnerships with Aboriginal Territorians, communities and organisations.
The plan has been developed to guide NT Health investment in implementation of five strategic directions:
- improving health service delivery to Aboriginal people and communities
- building effective and sustainable partnerships
- delivering culturally secure and safe services
- strengthening the health workforce
- improving Aboriginal population health and promoting wellbeing.
Last updated: 13 August 2021
Share this page:URL copied!