Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU including information about hospitals, health clinics, child health, mental health, drug and alcohol treatment. The Department of Health website contains corporate and health professionals' information only.
The Termination of Pregnancy Law Reform Act was passed in the Northern Territory Legislative Assembly on 21 March 2017 and commenced on 1 July 2017. Regulations have been made under the Act.
The following documentation has been developed to support medical and health professionals appropriately respond to requests for termination of pregnancy services.
Legislation and Regulations
- Termination of Pregnancy Law Reform Act (2017)
- Termination of Pregnancy Law Reform Regulations (2017)
- Credential verification form – termination of pregnancy
- Prescribed information reporting form - termination of pregnancy
- Referral for pregnancy services form
- Summary of changes Termination of Pregnancy Law Reform Act
- Credentials for medical practitioners
- Prescribed information reporting requirements: termination of pregnancy
- Pregnancy options for women in the Northern Territory
- Having a termination of pregnancy in the Northern Territory
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists College Statement C-Gyn 17, Termination of pregnancy
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists College Statement C-Gyn 21, The use of mifepristone for medical termination of pregnancy
- Product information, MS -2Step Version 24 December 2014 [63 days]
- Consumer medicine information, MS-2Step GyMiso ©Misoprostol 200 mcg tablets
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Evidence-based Clinical Guidelines Number 7; The Care of Women Requesting Induced Abortion: Summary, (2011)
- A national standard for credentialing and defining the scope of clinical practice of medical practitioners, for use in public and private hospitals (2004)
more information about the law reform and clinical guidelines, contact the Department
of Health’s Women’s Health Strategy Unit:
Phone: (08) 8985 8018
- For information about accessing an early medical termination, visit the Family Planning Welfare Association Northern Territory website or call (08) 8948 0144.