The Department of Health website contains corporate and health professionals' information only. Client information about hospitals, health clinics, child health, mental health, drug and alcohol treatment is published on NT.GOV.AU.
Health Promotion Strategy Unit
The Health Promotion Strategy Unit provides strategic advice on a range of issues, strategies and policies across the Northern Territory (NT) Government, including:
- developing a common understanding of health promotion concepts, terms and frameworks across the Department of Health
- increasing awareness of health promotion as a core function of comprehensive primary health care
- health promotion professional development, education and training
- increasing workforce capacity in health promotion and prevention principles and practice
- increasing the health promotion evidence base, especially related to health promotion and prevention practice.
The unit has the following functions:
- provide strategic advice on health promotion issues, strategies, policy and planning
- provide health promotion and social marketing in health training
- oversee health promotion system performance - Quality Improvement Program Planning System (QIPPS).
The Australian Health Promotion Association (NT branch) offers scholarships to members of up to $2000 to support practitioners to attend professional development opportunities.
The aim of the scholarship program is to improve the health promotion capability of health staff working in the NT which will in turn improve the health of Territorians. Applications are accepted throughout the year.
For more information go to the Australian Health Promotion Association website.
The Health Promotion Strategy Unit offers the following training and professional development opportunities:
- Health Promotion Short Course
- Social Marketing in Health workshop
- Quality Improvement Program Planning System (QIPPS) training.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Health Promotion Strategy Unit can be contacted at email@example.com or on (08) 8985 8014.