Health disaster management
NT Health has responsibility for the leadership, management and coordination of these two response and recovery roles.
- coordinate and control the mobilisation of all health responses to emergencies when emergency/counter disaster arrangements are activated. This includes:
- first aid
- pharmaceutical supplies
- mental health service.
- laboratory services:
- therapeutic services.
Health Response and Recovery Group|
- environmental health including:
- monitoring water quality
- monitoring food safety
- public health advice on refuse disposal, sewage, vermin and vector control
- radiation hazards
- medicines and poisons
- hygiene and sanitation aspects of emergency shelter and housing
- personal hygiene, disinfection and coordination and control of all public health information responses.
- Disease control including:
- communicable disease risk assessment
- infection control
- advice on storage of deceased
- development of immunisation policies
- monitoring disease trends.
Print all pages in this section
Last updated: 13 December 2016
Give feedback about this page.
Share this page: