NT Health reviews and evaluations
Mental Health and Related Services Act 1998 review
Submit your views by 31 May 2021
The Discussion Paper for the Mental Health and Related Services Act 1998 Review raises a variety of topics about mental health legislation in the Northern Territory, and concepts that have been introduced in other Australian jurisdictions. NT Health wants to hear your views about how mental health treatment and care is regulated in the Northern Territory.
The Discussion Paper content and suggested questions are designed to generate discussion on general and specific matters to inform your submission to the review.
- The timeline for receiving written submissions is now until 31 May 2021. All submissions will be carefully considered to determine the best way forward.
- Please include reasons for your views and if available, any evidence that supports your views in the submission.
The Department of Health will also be organising meetings and forums to hear from people directly. If you would like to be notified once we have scheduled these, or if you would like to organise a time for us to meet with consumers of your service or community please send an email to: MHActReview.DoH@nt.gov.au
NT Chronic Conditions Prevention and Management Strategy 2010-2020 evaluation report
The Department of Health has recently completed the evaluation of the Northern Territory Chronic Conditions Prevention and Management Strategy 2010-2020 to assess: the implementation and impact of Strategy as well as ways to improve the development of a future Northern Territory chronic conditions strategy.
- Evaluation of the Northern Territory Chronic Conditions Prevention and Management Strategy 2010-2020: final report
- Summary Report
- Summary framework for future strategy
- Evaluation Framework
Road ambulance services review
In February 2017, the Minister for Health announced an independent review of the NT road ambulance services. The review, led by Dr Neale Fong, sought to:
- Identify contemporary best practice in the delivery of road ambulance services
- Consider the need for future regulation of NT road ambulance services
- Identify future workforce requirements
- Examine the interface between road ambulance services and other health emergency services.
The NT Road Ambulance Service Scoping Review was released on 8 December 2017.
The Road Ambulance Review Progress Report June 2019 (Updated 28 June 2019) was released 26 July 2019.
The Norrie report
Last updated: 08 December 2020
Share this page: