About the awards
Nominations are now open for the 2019 NT Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Worker and Practitioner Excellence Awards.
Aboriginal Health Workers and Aboriginal Health Practitioners are the essential conduit between traditional and western health services, working towards closing the health gap by delivering culturally safe, holistic and client focused care in often challenging circumstances and locations.
The awards are an opportunity to showcase outstanding members of these professional groups, recognising and acknowledging the significant contribution they make to their families, communities and to the healthcare system in the Northern Territory.
The categories are:
- Remote Aboriginal Health Worker
- Urban Aboriginal Health Worker
- Remote Aboriginal Health Practitioner
- Urban Aboriginal Health Practitioner
- Specialist Aboriginal Health Practitioner
- New Practitioner
- Student Award
- Honour Roll
Before submitting a nomination, please read the nomination guidelines.
- Nominate an Aboriginal Health Worker (Remote, Urban) – Nomination form
- Nominate an Aboriginal Health Practitioner (Remote, Urban, Specialist, New Practitioner) – Nomination form
- Student Award – Nomination form
- Honour Roll – Nomination form
For more information about the roles of the Aboriginal Health Worker and Aboriginal Health Practitioner, please read the Factsheet.
For more information contact Aboriginal Workforce Development on (08) 8999 2999 or ATSIHPexcellenceawards.firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations close Sunday 21 July 2019
The term Aboriginal is respectfully used throughout this document in reference to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.