If you, or someone you care about, feel overwhelmed with emotions like sadness, depression, or anxiety, you can talk to someone.

Call the Northern Territory Mental Health Line 24 hours a day on 1800 682 288.

In an emergency where there is a risk to life or personal safety, call triple zero (000).

Get details for support services on the Northern Territory Government website. This includes:

Emergency relief support

Information regarding emergency relief support available across the Territory is available on the Australian Government's Department of Social Services website.

International students and visa holders are also able to access emergency relief through Australian Red Cross website.

Information about crisis accommodation is available on the Shelter Me website.

Financial support

Th Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment is available for Territorians who:

  • can’t earn an income because they must self-isolate or quarantine for 14 days or
  • are caring for someone with COVID-19.

Find out more on the Australian Government's Services Australia website.


Financial counselling.

Phone: 08 8985 0000
Email: anglicare@anglicare-nt.org.au

Find out more on the Anglicare NT website.

CatholicCare NT

Help with financial literacy and capability skills. Find out more on the CatholicCare NT website.

HK Training and Consulting

Private consultancy providing financial literacy and counselling services to Aboriginal clients primarily in the West Arnhem region.

Phone: 08 8927 2499
Email: admin@hktc.com.au


National Debt helpline and limited face to face financial counselling.

Phone: 1800 007 007

Find out more on the Somerville website.

Last updated: 15 August 2022

Share this page:

URL copied!

Last updated: 15 August 2022