Health consumer information
Information for patients and members of the general public is available on the nt.gov.au website:
- Cancer services: cancer, support services, early detection and screening, treatments in the NT, types of doctors and your cancer.
- Disability services: disability services, equipment, concessions and subsidies, access to community facilities, remote residents.
- Emergencies, injuries and accidents: after hours medical care, emergency dental help, information on bites and stings, food poisoning, falls prevention and fireworks injury.
- Health conditions and treatments: alcohol, drugs and tobacco, bacterial, viral and fungal infections, sexual health, diabetes, heat stress, men and women's health.
- Health subsidies and support: aged care services, patient travel assistance, respite care.
- Healthy living: immunisation, exercise and diet, weight, healthy workplaces mould and germs, smoking.
- Hospitals and health services: general hospital services, specialist services, surgery, visiting a hospital, find a community care centre, hospital fees, health services feedback.
- Mental health: 24 hour helplines, community and hospital mental health services, court orders, suicide prevention and support for carers.
- Pregnancy, birthing and child health: birthing services, childhood diseases, dental services for children, breastfeeding and pregnancy advice.
- Remote health: remote health primary health centres, services, eye health, mental health, BreastScreenNT bus.
- Transgender and gender diverse services: information and support on health and wellbeing services for transgender and gender diverse adults, children and adolescents in the Northern Territory.
If you would like to suggest how we can improve consumer information, please submit your feedback.
No results were found