National Disability Insurance Scheme for Service Providers
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provides support to people with disability. The NDIS commenced rolling out across the Northern Territory in 2016 and will be fully implemented by 1 July 2019. From this time, the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission will assume responsibility for quality and safeguarding of NDIS providers.
Further information about the NDIS can be found at the National Disability Insurance Scheme website.
NDIS registration for service providers
During the transition to the NDIS, the Northern Territory Government is responsible for the registration of providers to deliver NDIS supports in the NT. The following documents assist providers to achieve NDIS registration:
- NT Quality and Safeguarding Framework - sets out the guiding principles and assessment requirements.
- Domains, Elements and Indicators Guide - a companion document to the framework, outlining good practice.
For more information about the NDIS registration process in the NT, email the Office of Disability: email@example.com.
For more information about registering to provide services with the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) go to the National Disability Insurance Scheme provider page.
Reporting incidents in the NT
From 1 January 2018, all NDIS registered providers of disability supports in the NT, including those who continue to support Office of Disability funded clients, are to adhere to the Critical Incident Reporting Guidelines, which provide information about:
- what registered providers in the NT must do to manage and prevent critical incidents
- reporting timeframes
- how to categorise incidents.
When an incident happens, providers must complete and submit a Critical Incident Report:
Reports should be emailed to cirDisability.DoH@nt.gov.au.
For more information email NDISProviderRegistration@nt.gov.au or call (08) 8999 2592.
- Office of Disability
Department of Health
PO Box 40596
Casuarina NT 0811
Phone: (08) 8999 2785
- National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA)
GPO Box 700
Canberra ACT 2601
Freecall: 1800 800 110
- Other relevant contacts are on the National Disability Insurance Scheme website.
Last updated: 18 February 2019