Office of Disability
For current information related to COVID-19 please visit:
- Secure NT – Corona Virus (COVID-19)
- Information and Support for NDIS participants - The website includes easy read information.
The Office of Disability supports Territorians with a disability, including those that are not eligible for the NDIS, through:
- whole of government disability policy and program development;
- ongoing contribution to the implementation of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) in the NT and monitoring and reporting against the NDIS;
- grant funding to organisations for the provision of peak body operations, advocacy and information services, and awards programs;
- secretariat and support to the NT Disability Advisory Committee;
- administration of the NT Companion Card; and
- provision of forensic disability services.
Information about disability services can be found on NT.GOV.AU
The vision of the Office of Disability is for an inclusive society where people have productive and fulfilling lives as valued members of our communities. The Office of Disability is guided in its work by:
- The United Nations Convention on the Rights of People with Disability
- The National Disability Strategy
The Office of Disability works in partnership with key stakeholders to provide the above functions, these include:
- people with disability and their families and carers
- non-government disability service providers
- local government
- peak bodies
- Northern Territory Government agencies
- National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA).
The following legislation covers disability rights, carer rights and disability services.
- Disability Discrimination Act
- National Disability Insurance Scheme Act
- Australian Human Rights Commission website
- Office of Disability on (08) 8999 2809
Last updated: 24 June 2020
Share this page: