Office of Disability



The Office of Disability is responsible for the provision of specialist support services for people with disability in the Northern Territory (NT).

Information about these disability services can be found on NT.GOV.AU:


The vision of the Office of Disability is for an inclusive society where people have productive and fulfilling lives as valued members of our communities.

The mission of the office is to:

  • lead a quality, contemporary specialist service system
  • foster responsive services an
  • promote an empowering legislative and policy environment.


The Office of Disability works in partnership with key stakeholders to provide the above functions, these include:

  • people with disability and their families and carers
  • non-government disability service providers
  • local government
  • peak bodies
  • advocates
  • Northern Territory Government agencies
  • National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA).


The following legislation covers disability rights, carer rights and disability services.

Northern Territory:


Data collection

The Disability Services National Minimum Data Set (DS NMDS) is a national collection of comparable data about services provided under the National Disability Agreement (NDA).

The collected data is used to inform policy and to support national reporting, including:

All NT Government-funded disability service providers are required to provide DS NMDS data every two years.

Sector Development Fund project - external reports

The Office of Disability engaged PricewaterhouseCoopers Indigenous Consulting (PwC) to deliver a number of projects to support the roll out of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) in the Northern Territory. Below are the PwC’s project reports:


Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 07 December 2019


Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.