Office of Disability
Disability Advisory Committee
The Disability Advisory Committee provides an opportunity for Territorians with disability to advise the Minister for Disabilities on issues impacting their lives and their interactions with government services.
The Committee will:
- represent the diversity of people with disability in the NT and provide advice on the issues affecting them.
- assist in raising awareness of the rights of people with disability, and the role of government and the community in meeting obligations under the United Nations Convention on the Rights of people with disability.
- support the Northern Territory Government as it works towards achieving the shared vision of the National Disability Strategy for an inclusive society that enables people with disability to fulfil their potential as equal citizens.
Terms of Reference
- Northern Territory Disability Advisory Committee Terms of Reference
- Easy Read Northern Territory Disability Advisory Committee Terms of Reference
The Minister for Disabilities announced the members of the Northern Territory Disability Advisory Committee on 3 December 2019, the International Day of People with Disability.
Committee membership reflects the diversity of Territorians with a disability, and includes carers and people with disability from remote and urban areas of the Territory, Aboriginal people, young people and people with lived experience of cognitive, sensory, physical or psychosocial disability.
The Disability Advisory Committee meets at least three times a year. A summary of the meeting will be posted on this website.
Meeting Schedule 2020
20 March 2020
Postponed as a result of COVID-19
To be advised
To be advised
Contact the Disability Advisory Committee Secretariat
Phone: 08 8999 2809
Mail: PO Box 40596 Casuarina NT 0811
Last updated: 08 April 2020
Share this page: