Disability Advisory Committee
Applications are now open for the new Northern Territory Disability Advisory Committee.
The Disability Advisory Committee will provide an opportunity for Territorians with disability to advise the Minister for Disabilities on issues impacting their lives and their interactions with government services.
Committee membership will be reflective of the diversity of Territorians with a disability, including: Aboriginal people, young people, people with an intellectual disability and people with physical disability, carers of people with disability and remote residents.
Who is eligible to apply for the Disability Advisory Committee?
In order to apply to be a DAC member you must:
- live, work, study or receive services in the Northern Territory;
- represent the diversity of Territorians with a disability (see above);
- have a disability; or
- be an unpaid carer or a family member of a person with a disability, have experience, knowledge and understanding of disability issues; and
- demonstrate ability to work effectively as a member of the committee.
We have designed the application process to be as flexible as possible.
The Disability Advisory Committee Application pack is an Easy Read information pack for applicants available below or upon request by email: email@example.com or phone 8999 2809.
We welcome people to talk to us about the application and how they would like to submit their applications. Video and verbal applications can be arranged.
Nominations are open until 5pm, Monday 18 November 2019.
- Easy Read Northern Territory Disability Advisory Committee Terms of Reference
- Easy Read Northern Territory Disability Advisory Committee Information about becoming a member
- Application form
- Northern Territory Disability Advisory Committee Terms of Reference
- Northern Territory Disability Advisory Committee Terms of Reference – Application Fact Sheet
Contact the Disability Advisory Committee Secretariat
Phone: 08 8999 2809
Mail: PO Box 40596 Casuarina NT 0811