Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Ministerial nurse practitioner scholarships
Applications for the 2017 Round Two Ministerial Nurse Practitioner Scholarships will open 1 August and close 11 September 2017.
Are you a nurse practitioner in the Northern Territory? This scholarship could help you with study costs of up to $6,500 annually.
About the scholarships
The Northern Territory Department of Health provides four scholarships each year. Applications closely coincide with semesters one and two.
The scholarships support the careers of nurse practitioners, ensuring the department continues to build a highly-skilled and sustainable workforce in one of the most culturally unique and rewarding environments in Australia.
Successful applicants can receive up to a maximum of $6,500 for costs such as:
- course fees
- airfares or transportation to and from compulsory face-to-face residential course attendance
- some reference and textbooks
- accommodation for compulsory face-to-face residential course attendance.
How to apply
Who can apply
To apply for a Ministerial Nurse Practitioner Scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident or New Zealand citizen and hold a Special Category Visa (SCV)
- be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA)
- have been employed within an NT health service including public, private and NGO for more than one year
- be currently employed within an NT health service including public, private and NGO in an approved NP candidate position
- be currently enrolled in the Masters of Nursing (Nurse Practitioner) at Charles Darwin University, or in exceptional circumstances, an alternate accredited Master's level Nurse Practitioner course
- have successfully completed at least two units of study in their MNNP.
Before you apply
Preference is given to candidates who have successfully completed more than two units of study in their MNNP and provide a well-developed study plan with expenditure mapped to clinical skills and role development.Before you apply, read the Information Pack
and the Frequently Asked Questions
Submit your application
To apply for a scholarship follow these steps.
Step 1. Download and read the Information Pack.
Step 2. Have ready the following documents as your online application cannot be saved and returned to later.
- a PDF or JPG file of your birth certificate or passport and permanent resident visa
- Fee Assessment Notice from your education provider
- receipts for any expenses you plan to claim, and
- a completed Applicant Support Form.
Step 3. Submit your application through the online application form.
Please note all applications and supporting documents must be submitted online - mailed or emailed applications will not be accepted.
If you are not a Department of Health employee you should submit a Vendor Application Form (37KB) with your application to receive payment.
Office of the Chief
Nursing and Midwifery Officer
Phone: 1800 000 648