About giving vaccines (AGV) course
Registered nurses and midwives who never completed (or completed over 3 years ago) immunisation training are required to complete:
- The South Australian online course: Understanding Vaccines and National Immunisation Program
- or another approved interstate course.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Practitioners (ATSIHP) who never completed (or completed over 3 years ago) immunisation training are required to complete:
- Either the face-to-face NT AGV ATSIHP 5 day workshop: Course information
- Or complete the South Australian online course Understanding Vaccines and National Immunisation Program.
NT Upskilling Course
Vaccine providers who have completed a recognised vaccination course or upskilling course in the last three years are required to complete NT AGV Upskilling Course at least every three years via the Remote Area Health Corps (RAHC) eLearning Portal.
To access the NT AGV Upskilling Course, you need to:
- Register an account on the RAHC site, if you don’t already have one.
- Your password will be sent to the email address you used in this registration process. If you haven’t received this email in your inbox, check your spam/junk folder.
- Send the email address you used in the RAHC registration to email@example.com
- RAHC will send an email to you confirming your Upskilling Course has been activated.
The following courses are accepted as recognised prior learning.
New South Wales
The Australian College of Nursing
Centre for Disease Control
About Giving Vaccines Course
Department of Health and Ageing (SA)
Australian Catholic University
The Program for Nurse Immunisers
Immunisation Program- Registered Nurse Health (Drugs and Poisons) Regulation 1996
|University of Southern Queensland||ANP5004 Immunisation Nursing|
|Yangulla Centre Rural Health Training Unit|
Advanced Nursing Practice: Immunisation Course
University of Tasmania
Immunisation Education for Registered Nurses
La Trobe University
Nurse Immuniser Program
University of Melbourne General Practice and Primary Health Care Academic Centre
Immunisation and travel health
Contact the AGV coordinator on (08) 8922 8026 or through CDC contacts.