The Department of Health website contains corporate and health professionals' information only. Client information about hospitals, health clinics, child health, mental health, drug and alcohol treatment is published on NT.GOV.AU.
- NT Mental Health Line (24 hours) 1800 682 288
Takeaway alcohol sales information
Notice, to buy takeaway alcohol, you will need photo ID for the Banned Drinker Register
- Monday to Friday 2pm to 8pm
- Saturdays and public holidays 12 noon to 8pm
- Sundays 2pm to 8pm
- No trading on Good Friday and Christmas Day
- With the exception of wine in casks and Darwin Stubby souvenir packs, takeaway sales of Liquor of any type being sold or supplied in a container larger than 1 litre is prohibited.
- Wine in casks cannot be sold or supplied in containers larger than 2 litre
- The sale or supply of wine in casks after 6pm is prohibited
- Takeaway sales of wine in casks is restricted to a maximum of 2 litres per person per day
- Sale of wine in glass containers of a capacity greater than 1 litre are prohibited
- Takeaway sale of port in any container is prohibited
- Liquor may not be sold to a taxi driver where the taxi driver is acting as purchasing agent for a third party, or in circumstances which might lead the reasonable man to believe that the Liquor purchased is not for the taxi driver’s personal consumption.
Disclaimer: While all care has been taken to ensure this information is correct, if it contradicts please refer to the Stronger Futures in the Northern Territory Act 2012(Cth) and the Liquor Act 2017(NT)
Last updated: 04 May 2018