The Department of Health website contains corporate and health professionals' information only. Client information about hospitals, health clinics, child health, mental health, drug and alcohol treatment is published on NT.GOV.AU.
- Remote Alcohol and Other Drugs Workforce, call Borroloola Clinic (08) 8975 8757
- NT Mental Health Line (24 hours) 1800 682 288
- the Town is unrestricted
- Mara Camp, Yanyula Camp, Garawa 1 Camp and Garawa 2 Camp are Alcohol Protected Areas
- Has a community developed Alcohol Management Plan
Takeaway alcohol sales information
Notice, to buy takeaway alcohol, you will need photo ID for the Banned Drinker Register
- Monday to Fridays 2.30pm to 5.30pm
- Saturdays and public holidays 2.30pm to 5.30pm
- No trading on Sunday, Good Friday or Christmas Day
- Midstrength beer only
- The sale of takeaway alcohol to Borroloola residents inclusive of Mara Camp residents will be restricted to canned mid strength beer only (alcohol content of not more than 3.5%), and limited to 18 cans per person per day.
- Liquor sold for drinking away from the licensed premises is restricted to a maximum of 30 cans per person per day (non-Borroloola residents).
- Sunday to Friday 10am to 10pm
- Saturdays and Public Holidays 9am to 10pm
- Non-Borroloola residents unrestricted
- The sale of takeaway alcohol to Borroloola residents and Mara Camp residents will be restricted to canned beer only with an alcohol content of not more than 3.5%, and limited to eighteen (18) cans per person per day.
- No sales of fortified wines
- No trading Good Friday or Christmas Day
Disclaimer: While all care has been taken to ensure this information is correct, if it contradicts please refer to the Stronger Futures in the Northern Territory Act 2012(Cth) and the Liquor Act 2017(NT)
Last updated: 08 May 2018