Nominations open for the Northern Territory Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Worker and Practitioner Excellence Awards
Aboriginal Health Workers and Aboriginal Health Practitioners are the essential conduit between traditional and western health services. They are critical to closing the health gap by delivering culturally safe, holistic and client focused care in often challenging circumstances and locations.
The awards are an opportunity to showcase outstanding members of these professional groups while recognising and acknowledging the significant contribution they make to their families, communities and the NT healthcare system.
The awards also recognise NT Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students studying qualifications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care training package. These students are our future workforce.
Nominations now open
Nominations are now invited in the following categories:
- Remote Aboriginal Health Worker
- Urban Aboriginal Health Worker
- Remote Aboriginal Health Practitioner
- Urban Aboriginal Health Practitioner
- Specialist Aboriginal Health Practitioner
- New Aboriginal Health Practitioner
- Student Award Advanced Studies
- Student Award Emerging Health Practitioner
- Student Award Emerging Health Worker
- Dr John Hargrave Honour Roll
Visit the NTG website to find out more.
For more information about the roles of the Aboriginal Health Worker and Aboriginal Health Practitioner, please read the factsheet .