Training and education for nurses and midwives
Nursing and Midwifery Scholarships
The Northern Territory Health is offering scholarships to NT Health nurses and midwives who are completing post-registration studies. The scholarships are available to nurses and midwives continuously employed by NT Health for two years or more in a nursing or midwifery position greater than 0.5 Full Time Employee (FTE).
The aim of the scholarships is to provide NT Health nurses and midwives with financial assistance to complete a course of study leading to an academic qualification. Scholarships are awarded through a competitive selection process and not all applicants will be awarded a scholarship. The scholarship will not cover all costs associated with a course of study.
The 2021 Nursing and Midwifery Scholarships will open soon.
To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants must:
- Be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Be continuously employed by NT Health for two years or more in a nursing or midwifery position greater than 0.5 FTE
- Have their manager’s support for undertaking the course of study.
- Have successfully completed at least 25% (or equivalent) of the course of study
- Be currently enrolled in one or more units/subjects.
Applications are now closed. Below is for your information only regarding the application process.
To apply for a scholarship please follow these steps:
Step 1: Download and read the Business Rules (to be announced soon), and Frequently Asked Questions .
Step 2: Have the following documents in PDF format, ready to submit with your application:
- Confirmation of Enrolment
- Statement of Results/Academic Transcript
- Manager Declaration of Support
- Statutory Declaration 1 or Statutory Declaration 2 , giving details of funding you have received from other sources.
Postgraduate applicants only:
- Statement of Relevance: 500 word statement explaining how your study is relevant to your role and to your work unit/health service needs, that is endorsed by your manager.
- Failure to provide the necessary documents in PDF format by the closing date will deem the application ineligible.
- Documents submitted in any format other than PDF (eg. MS Word or photographs/pictures) will not be accepted and may result in the application being deemed ineligible.
- All applications and supporting documents must be submitted online before the closing date.
- Applications that are mailed, emailed or faxed will not be accepted.
- See Business Rules and Frequently Asked Questions for further information on the application process.
Funding for the 2021 Nursing and Midwifery Scholarships will be announced soon.
The 2021 Nursing and Midwifery Scholarships Business Rules will be released shortly.
Office of Chief Nursing and Midwifery Officer
Phone: 1800 000 648
Last updated: 19 July 2021
Share this page:URL copied!