Training and education for nurses and midwives
Nursing and Midwifery Scholarships
About the scholarships
NT Health is offering scholarships to nurses and midwives who are completing post-registration studies. The scholarships are available to nurses and midwives continuously employed by NT Health for two years or more in a nursing or midwifery position greater than 0.5 full time equivalent (FTE).
The aim of the scholarships is to provide NT Health nurses and midwives with financial assistance to complete a course of study leading to an academic qualification. Scholarships are awarded through a competitive selection process and not all applicants will be awarded a scholarship.
The scholarship will not cover all costs associated with a course of study.
- Applications Open: 30 August 2021
- Applications Close: 11 October 2021
- Applicants Notified: 29 November 2021
To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants must:
- Be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Be continuously employed by NT Health for two years or more in a nursing or midwifery position greater than 0.5 FTE
- Have their manager’s support for undertaking the course of study.
- Be currently enrolled and participating in the course of study
- Have successfully completed at least 25% (or equivalent) of the course of study
To apply for a scholarship please follow these steps:
Step 2: Have the following documents ready to submit with your application:
- Official Confirmation of Enrolment
- Official Statement of Results/Academic Transcript
- Manager Declaration of Support
- Statutory Declaration 1 or Statutory Declaration 2 , giving details of any funding you have received from other sources.
Step 3: Complete and submit your online application.
- All applications and supporting documents must be submitted online before the closing date.
- Applications that are mailed, emailed or faxed will not be accepted.
- Log in with your NTG email
Scholarships will consist of a single payment to successful applicants, dependent on the academic qualification. The 2021 scholarship amounts are detailed in the following table:
2021 Scholarship Amount
Charles Darwin University Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Midwifery (NT Health Enrolled Nurses only)
Up to 50% of tuition fees*
Bachelor of Nursing (Honours)
*Tuition fees only, excludes student services and amenities fees.
Office of Chief Nursing and Midwifery Officer
Phone: 1800 000 648
Last updated: 27 August 2021
Share this page:URL copied!