Employment and vacancies

Primary health care nursing and midwifery recruitment

Frontline nursing and midwifery positions in primary health care are currently available in NT Health.

Top End

The Primary Health Care Branch provides health care services in remote primary health care clinics, outreach teams, urban community care centres, schools, watch houses and the Darwin Prison.

Positions are located in Darwin, Katherine, Gove and across remote Top End Aboriginal communities including:

  • Wadeye
  • Nauiyu
  • Palumpa
  • Woodycupaldiya
  • Batchelor
  • Adelaide River
  • Julanimawu
  • Pirlangimpi
  • Belyuen
  • Milikapiti
  • Gunbalanya
  • Warruwi
  • Maningrida
  • Minjilang
  • Jabiru
  • Borroloola
  • Pine Creek
  • Robinson River
  • Milingimbi
  • Ramingining
  • Gapuwiyak
  • Angurugu
  • Alyangula
  • Numbulwar
  • Umbakumba
  • Bickerton Island.

These frontline roles provide direct nursing and midwifery care including:

  • clinical assessment and management
  • case management
  • care coordination
  • primary health care programs (child health, women's health, chronic disease)
  • urban and remote community visits
  • after-hours emergency response.

Central Australia

The Primary Health Care Branch provides comprehensive primary health care to urban and remote Central Australian communities.

Services are provided with support from town-based and visiting allied health professionals, public health nurses, diabetes and chronic disease educators, child health nurses and wound specialists.

Nurses and midwives preform a highly valued role by contributing to better health outcomes in urban services, remote communities and at Alice Springs Correctional Centre and Police watch house.

To apply

To apply for work in either primary health care service submit the following to the email listed below.

Top End

Phone: (08) 8922 7183

Central Australia

Phone: (08) 8951 7586

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 23 January 2017

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!