For mental health support visit one of these web pages:
Policy and Program Management
The Mental Health Program's Policy and Program Management team is a small team based in Darwin that works to the Director of the Program and across a range of local and national priority areas.
The team works in partnership with health services, clinicians, consumers and their carers to develop mental health services that can provide the best outcomes for Territorians and also has a primary responsibility for implementing, monitoring and reporting progress on all National Mental Health Strategy initiatives in addition to substantial local responsibilities, including:
- Funding and direct responsibility for public mental health service delivery
- Funding and service agreements for non government mental health support services
- Policy development and implementation
- Mental health promotion, prevention and early intervention initiatives
- Coordination of suicide prevention activities
- Service development
- Workforce planning
- Information management
- Legislative reform
Specialist integrated mental health services are delivered by the Top End and Central Australian Mental Health Services and include community based adult, child, youth and forensic services as well as inpatient services.
Inpatient and community based services are provided in Darwin and Alice Springs. Rural and remote community mental health services are also located in Darwin Rural, Katherine, East Arnhem, Alice Springs Remote and the Barkly Regions.
Non government services
A number of non government organisations are funded by the Mental Health Program to provide a range of services including:
- Consumer support services including sub-acute, outreach, rehabilitation and disability support services
- Carer support services
- Aboriginal social and emotional wellbeing services
- Mental health promotion
We encourage you to contact us for any further information relating to mental health issues and welcome your feedback on ways in which we can improve mental health services for all Territorians.