NT CATT - Northern Territory Crisis Assessment Telephone Triage and Liaison Service
Call - 1800 682 288 (1800 NTCATT)
NT CATT is a free and confidential 24-hour hotline for mental health inquiries from anyone experiencing a mental health crisis or concerned about someone's wellbeing.
Calls to the hotline are received by qualified members of the Top End Mental Health Service who can provide support and link callers with appropriate services.
NT CATT is also valuable for service providers without mental health expertise who come into contact with people who may have apparent mental health issues.
Carers and clients can call the NT CATT hotline to receive advice and information regarding medication and other aspects of their management plans. The service also assists with a seven day follow up of clients discharged from mental health inpatient units and enables prompt follow up of new referrals.
One in every three people will have a mental health issue of some kind during their lifetime. If you or someone you know is experiencing emotional difficulties or a mental health crisis, please seek our help.
The following help lines can be accessed 24 hours a day -
- Lifeline - 13 11 14, or visit www.lifeline.org.au/
- Mensline - 1300 789 978 or visit www.mensline.org.au
- Beyondblue - 1300 224 636, or visit www.beyondblue.org.au/
- Kids Helpline (5 - 25 years) - 1800 551 800, or visit www.kidshelp.com.au
- Headspace (12-25 years) - 1800 659 388 or 8931 5999, or visit http://www.headspace.org.au
If you or someone you know may need specialist mental health services, contact -
- Katherine Mental Health Service - 8973 8724
- Tennant Creek Mental Health Service - 8962 4300
- Alice Springs Mental Health Service - 8951 7710
- Nhulunbuy Mental Health Service - 8967 0415